Access Statement for Bradford on Avon Tourist Information Centre
The Tourist Information Centre is situated in Westbury Garden in the centre of Bradford on Avon. There are no steps to gain access to the tourist information centre, however there are steps within the building to take visitors down to our shop. Our volunteers can provide general access information about local attractions, accommodation and restaurants. They can also provide you with maps of the town and leaflets about local events.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance, please call 01225 865797 or email email@example.com
Planning your journey
The nearest railway station to the Tourist Information Centre is Bradford on Avon Station which is 0.2miles away (4-minute walk). Travelling by train from Bath takes only 13 minutes, with over 50 direct trains on week days and around 45 trains at the weekend.
Bradford on Avon is accessible using bus services from Bath (D1 and 64), Trowbridge (69 and 96) and Frome (X69). Please see the ‘Getting Here’ section on the BOA Website for more information on bus services and times.
Alternatively, Bradford on Avon can also be accessed by foot or by bicycle along the canal footpaths from Bath and Trowbridge. Walking from Bath to Bradford on Avon along the Kennet and Avon canal is approximately 10 miles. The route follows the canal through beautiful British countryside and villages.
Our friendly volunteers in the Tourist Information Centre (TIC) can provide you with guidance on the best ways to spend your time here in BOA to fit with your requirements. There are also leaflets within the TIC with information about disability access to the key tourist sites, toilets and local places to eat. There is also information about accessibility to local accommodation, food and drink businesses and local attractions within this website.
Car Parking Facilities and Arrival
If you are travelling by car, there are pay and display carparks at:
- St Margaret’s Street BA15 1DE (maximum stay 3 hours or Blue Badge holders free all day). This car park has a walkway through to Westbury Garden where the TIC is situated.
- Barton farm BA15 1LU (maximum stay 10 hours), which is located beside the Tithe Barn.
- Station Car Park BA15 1DQ (Zone A maximum stay 3 hours, Zone B all day)
Further car parking information and sites can be found HERE
Inside the Tourist Information Centre
- There is step-free, level access when entering the TIC and four steps with a banister down into the shop
- The area within and outside the TIC is evenly and well-lit with overhead lighting and street lights within Westbury Garden
- There are some low display units accessible from a seated position
- Staff can provide assistance and read out any information when required
- All Volunteers have received Great West Way training so can assist you on your onward journey.
- Our volunteers are incredibly passionate about Bradford on Avon and will ensure visitors have the best possible experience whilst in the town.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs into the TIC
Address: Bradford on Avon Tourist information Centre, 50 St Margaret’s Street, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1DE
Telephone: 01225 865797
Hours of Operation
Opening times are:
10.00am-4.00pm – 7 days per week
Local Accessible Taxi
Local Public Transport
First Bristol, Bath and West: https://www.firstgroup.com/bristol-bath-and-west
Frome Bus: http://www.fromebus.co.uk/
Libra Travel: http://www.libratravelltd.com/
Beeline Coaches: http://beelinecoaches.co.uk/
First Great Western Trains: 0345 7000125, https://www.gwr.com/