8th September 2019
Town Shop Window Trail – Bradford on Avon Walking Festival
Price: £ Free
Distance: 2 miles
Start Time: Anytime
Duration: As long as it takes you!
Date: At any time from 3rd August & over the Festival weekend.
Start Point: War Memorial, Westbury Gardens
Walk Cost: Free
Max. Number: As few or as many as you want!
Keep your eyes peeled for the WAW logo and a number in many of the shops, cafes and pubs in the town.
This is a self led, fun walk you can do alone or in a group any time from Saturday 3rd August and over the three days of the Walking Festival. You will be given a map of the route to follow and a question sheet and there will be a prize for the best entry.
Entry sheets are free from Tourist Information, Piha in Lamb Yard or from the Festival registration tent in Westbury House Gardens – please ignore the “How to Book” instructions below.
When you’ve finished hand your sheet into the registration tent, Tourist Information or Piha.
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 3 or 4 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles), faster pace, with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Demanding – longer and more demanding than moderate, faster pace, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients. We would expect participants to be able to keep up with the pace set by the leader, it is a walk rather than an amble.
THE ‘SMALL PRINT’
- Walk duration times are a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised. The time stated is the length of time we will be out, including stops for refreshments and guided tours.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances. Should you wish to leave a walk the leader or backmarker should be informed & you will then be responsible for your own safety & wellbeing.
- We welcome people with assistance dogs, otherwise we have a ‘no dogs’ policy.
- Vulnerable people and U18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
HELPING YOU GET THE MOST FROM YOUR WALKS
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
Festival walk tickets are available from Monday 1st July at “Holidays and Cruises” 32 Silver Street, BoA BA15 1JX either in person or by phoning 01225 865725.
A £1 administration fee is applied to each transaction, whether paying by card or cash.
During the 3 days of the Festival, tickets, if still available, must be purchased from the registration tent in Westbury House Gardens.