6th September 2019
Tea and Cake Walk – Bradford on Avon Walking Festival (SOLD OUT)
Price: £4/ £2 not including cake
Distance: 4 miles
Start Time: 14.00
Duration: 3 hours
Date: Friday 6th September
Start Point: War Memorial, Westbury House Gardens, BA15 1DE
Walk Cost: £4 / £2 (not incl. tea & cake)
Max. Number: 15
This is a comfortable Friday afternoon walk, mainly on the level with just a couple of gentle slopes and no stiles.
We’ll head SE out of town along Bridge Street, through The Strips woods and alongside the golf course. Following the River Avon for a short while we’ll enter Widbrook Woods which are now owned and managed by the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust. They are home to a wide variety of birds, mammals and wildflowers.
There’s a short climb out of the woods and onto the towpath of the Kennet & Avon Canal which we’ll follow all the way back to Bradford lock for delicious tea and home made cake at the K&A Canal Trust Café.
Fully refreshed we’ll return to the start across playing fields, past the Tithe Barn and alongside the River Avon.
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 3 or 4 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles), faster pace, with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Demanding – longer and more demanding than moderate, faster pace, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients. We would expect participants to be able to keep up with the pace set by the leader, it is a walk rather than an amble.
THE ‘SMALL PRINT’
- Walk duration times are a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised. The time stated is the length of time we will be out, including stops for refreshments and guided tours.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances. Should you wish to leave a walk the leader or backmarker should be informed & you will then be responsible for your own safety & wellbeing.
- We welcome people with assistance dogs, otherwise we have a ‘no dogs’ policy.
- Vulnerable people and U18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
HELPING YOU GET THE MOST FROM YOUR WALKS
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
Festival walk tickets are available from Monday 1st July at “Holidays and Cruises” 32 Silver Street, BoA BA15 1JX either in person or by phoning 01225 865725.
A £1 administration fee is applied to each transaction, whether paying by card or cash.
During the 3 days of the Festival, tickets, if still available, must be purchased from the registration tent in Westbury House Gardens.