27th April 2019
Price: £230.00 per couple
Shakti Birthing ( formerly The Bath Hypnobirthing Centre) offers hypnobirthing courses in Bradford on Avon, Bath, Frome & Bristol.
Our next course is run over a full day 9am – 5pm at The Quaker Meeting House in Bradford on Avon on Saturday 27th April 2019.
Did you know that you are entitled to paid time off for birth preparation/relaxation classes? Please see the FAQ’s section of our website for more info:
Shakti Birthing will help you prepare physically and psychologically for childbirth, one of the most natural and wonderful processes that a woman can experience. This powerful hypnobirthing course focuses on deep relaxation, breathing and visualisation techniques to help you achieve a more relaxed, comfortable and fulfilling natural birth experience.
You receive full course notes and scripts of all the hypnobirthing sessions and a memory stick with the recordings on. This all comes in a handy information pack. I will email you the Powerpoint (saving tree’s) for you to read through as often as you like after the session and your pack will contain lots more helpful info and tips too.
Course/notes elements covered, but not limited to :
- Role of the birth partner, what hypnobirthing is/isn’t, fears and expectations of birth ( group discussion) •How fear negatively impacts a calm and confident labour. We discuss anxiety and how it affects labour.
- Breathing and relaxation techniques (the benefits and practice) we will practice various breathing techniques and 5 hypnobirthing sessions throughout the day.
- Learn wonderful visualisation techniques and how it can help you during pregnancy and labour •Bonding with baby and your body (mums, pregnancy and during labour) •Learn how to focus within yourself, working with your body not against it.
- Taking away any myths about hypnosis and what it is/isn’t •Research/stats on hypnobirthing •The mind/body connection, how powerful it is, using our thoughts to help us rather than hinder us.
- Helpful vs unhelpful thinking – our thoughts create our reality. Make sure they are helpful ones!
- Ideal mental state for labour ( calm, confidence and control) •How to manage any unhelpful thinking (fearful thinking can lead to a fearful birth) •Stages of labour •Bonding/staking your claim on the birthing process.
- Building a deeper confidence if yourselves as parents to be and specifically during this time before labour (good communication is key) •Labour pains/discomfort (much of the discomfort in labour is an unnatural process of fear) •Drugs in labour – how these techniques help avoid them •Guilt free choices •Flexible thinking
- Anchoring: how you can use past positive memories to help you feel calm, confident & in control •Visualise success! Visualise how you do want birth to be not how you don’t want it to be.
- Positions for labour
- How to psychologically adjust if things don’t go according to plan •Postnatal benefits of hypnosis •Parenthood and beyond •What to pack if you are going to hospital/birthing centre ( ie music/snacks, things that make you feel good!)
And so much more!
Please contact me on 07889 014942 for more information or please see the website for all course information
£230 per couple – use discount code SHAKTI30 for a £30.00 discount