7th September 2019
Highlights of Bradford on Avon – Bradford on Avon Walking Festival
Price: ££4/ £3
Distance: 2 miles
Start Time: 14.00
Duration: 2 hours
Date: Saturday 7th September
Start Point: War Memorial, Westbury House Gardens, BA15 1DE
Walk Cost: £4 / £3
Max. Number: 20
Our Blue Badge Guide, who has lived in Bradford on Avon for many years and knows the town well will lead this guided stroll, bringing alive its fascinating history in an entertaining and engaging manner. He will take you to see the most important buildings & areas of our lovely town & tell you about some of the more colourful and interesting people who have lived here.
It’s a mainly easy walk that will involve negotiating some steps, up as well as down, and some climbing.
This guided walk is perfect for new residents of BoA and visitors or those who just want an overview of our lovely town.
Easy – a mainly level, comfortably paced shorter walk (up to about 3 or 4 miles) with no stiles.
Moderate – a longer, more challenging walk (up to about 7 miles), faster pace, with steps, steeper gradients and stiles.
Demanding – longer and more demanding than moderate, faster pace, requiring greater stamina; possibly more, steeper gradients. We would expect participants to be able to keep up with the pace set by the leader, it is a walk rather than an amble.
THE ‘SMALL PRINT’
- Walk duration times are a guide and the actual walks may be shorter or longer than advertised. The time stated is the length of time we will be out, including stops for refreshments and guided tours.
- Walk leaders are in charge at all times. Their decision on participation is final and they may need to change a route due to local conditions or to adapt to changing circumstances. Should you wish to leave a walk the leader or backmarker should be informed & you will then be responsible for your own safety & wellbeing.
- We welcome people with assistance dogs, otherwise we have a ‘no dogs’ policy.
- Vulnerable people and U18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information about each walk is correct and we reserve the right to make changes to or cancel walks should unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
HELPING YOU GET THE MOST FROM YOUR WALKS
- Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your own personal safety. Our leaders will have risk assessed every walk and will make you aware of any potential hazards at the start of the walk.
- Please make sure you have the ability and stamina to complete a walk based on the information we have provided.
Festival walk tickets are available from Monday 1st July at “Holidays and Cruises” 32 Silver Street, BoA BA15 1JX either in person or by phoning 01225 865725.
A £1 administration fee is applied to each transaction, whether paying by card or cash.
During the 3 days of the Festival, tickets, if still available, must be purchased from the registration tent in Westbury House Gardens.